Tuesday, July 14, 2009

For Now or Forever?

Dear Suz,
I have a question for your site. I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years now, we are happy most of the time, and he is planning on us spending our lives together, but I am not really "feeling it" anymore. Should I stick it out or break up with him now?
Signed: Wants to be free-maybe

Dear Wants to be free-maybe,
Many people go through periods of not really "feeling it" when they are in a relationship. There are ups and downs and even periods where you may not feel as if you even love this person anymore. That is when it is time to sit down and write out a pros and cons list. List all the things you love about this person, and all the things that get on your nerves. You say that the two of you are happy most of the time, and that is a good thing, but are you happy in a content in a rut kind of way, or truly happy to be together.
When you think of wanting to be free, what does being free mean to you? Are you already planning wild nights out where you can meet new men? Or is it more that you want time to get to know yourself as an individual instead of part of a couple?
The easy answer to your question is that there is no easy answer. No one can decide what is right for you, but you. Follow your heart, even if your head has a different answer. You deserve to be deliriously happy with whatever choice you make. Lots of luck! Suz


To all my readers, Wants to Be Free-Maybe, took the leap, she asked the question and I hope I helped her out a little bit. Remember that some of the answers I provide will be factual, and some of them will be my opinion, but they will all be as honest and straightforward as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be considerate of others and refrain from using profanity in your comments. If you have a question you would like answered please submit it to: askawayquestions@yahoo.com. Thank You!